In 1974, of a group of Greater Newburyport area residents who were concerned about the lack of support services available to adults with developmental disabilities and their families, founded Opportunity Works with the vision of empowering people with disabilities to experience the freedom to live, work, and enjoy a valued role in society. Forty years later, their “vision” has become our “mission”!
Many milestones have been achieved since the agency began with only a handful of people from Newburyport who participated in one program. Programs have been expanded to accommodate the specific needs of participants resulting in more individualized services without compromising the core values and quality.
- Setting leading standards of excellence among individual service providers in supporting people with disabilities and their families.
- Empower the people we serve to fully achieve personal growth and a valued role in society.
- Promote a positive and supportive work environment for employees.
- Realize planned growth of existing programs, while ensuring our commitment to our core values.
- Engage the community in supporting Opportunity Works to achieve our mission.